Wednesday, July 31, 2024

A breakfast of leftovers: adobo tostado and tinapang bangus

Ang sarap talaga to enjoy a meal of leftovers, especially if you're having a combo of foods that you actually like. This morning, my girls and I had leftover tinapang bangus (smoked fish) and leftover pork adobo. Even the rice is day-old brown rice from the fridge. Yung tomatoes lang ang bago! Haha. I fried the pork adobo to a crisp (halos sunog na, which we like) and then fried the tinapang bangus doon sa oil na nilabas ng adobo. I know it's not the healthiest thing to do. But, please, DON'T ME. Hehehe... Pambawi naman the tomato salad. Para lang may contrast yung oily foods. 



Adobo will always be a favorite leftover dish. I actually don't like to eat adobo when it's newly cooked. I prefer to wait until it becomes "adobong matanda" and later on, "adobo tostado." I tried a different soy sauce - vinegar ratio for this adobo, and I like how it turned out. I'll have to test it a few more times before I share the recipe. 

How do you like your adobo? Saucy or dry? Do you eat leftovers for breakfast?

No comments:

Post a Comment